From: "Zhou Zheng Sheng" <zhshz...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
To: "VDSM Project Development" <vdsm-devel@lists.fedorahosted.org>
Cc: "Yaniv Bronheim" <ybron...@redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:25:46 AM
Subject: Re: [vdsm] VDSM test unit running path

on 03/11/2013 14:56, Yaniv Bronheim wrote:
> Hey Shu,
> Personally when I run specific unit test I prefer to run it without
> installing vdsm package, means locally from my development directory.
> I develop on my major machine and install the package on testing environments
> for verification, so during the development if I write some uts, I want to be
> able to run them fast and easy and continue. Using installed vdsm is more for
> functional tests in my opinion.
>
> By the way, currently the tests can run both in installed and uninstalled
> environment.. and I agree about the trickiness of hackVDSM
>
> Maybe running only after install is better practice but I'm not sure, we need
> more opinions about that issue..

Hi Yaniv. I agree with you on running tests fast and easy. I also think
make install to ~/builder is fast and easy enough for me. I can accept
run unit test in ~/builder and we can create script to automate this
process. Before the git repo re-organization is ready, we can get rid of
hackVDSM by running tests in ~/builder.

--
Thanks and best regards!

Zhou Zheng Sheng / 周征晟