On 05/02/2013 05:22 AM, Mark Wu wrote:
Hi Dan,

Since the repo of virt-preview for fedora17 is not maintained after fedora 18 was released, it could be difficult to install the packages vdsm master branch requires on fedora17.
Currently i cannot install VDSM on Fedora 18 without packages from koji or enabling rawhide, when trying to install vdsm/master.

So do we still maintain vdsm for fedora17? Do we need consider if the patch to upstream will cause break on fedora17?
I wish we would do, but then again do we want to limit ourselves so that we cannot use some things we would use otherwise?

Thanks.
Mark

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com