| |
| | As you can see in a previous patch set I checked if the alias attribute
| | exists instead of assuming it exists.
| | I then changed my mind with Dan's blessing, and decided to assume it does
| | exist, exactly for cases like this.
| | Even if we check if the alias exists, what do we do if we find out it
| | doesn't? We're at a problem and need to understand why the alias doesn't
| | exist because it should - For all devices.
| |
| | We definitely need to deal with this issue - Can you provide the domxml of
| | the VM during creation, and during migration?

Hi Assaf, Peter today has reproduced the same error and provided me
the output log, you can find it here:
http://etherpad.ovirt.org/p/migration-errors
a previous patch blocked by this issue has been accepted
(http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/14203/),
I've been able to do a migration using the engine.
Feel free to ask if you need more details,
I will look into this issue in the next few days.

Giuseppe

| |
| |
| | > Hi,
| | >
| | > During the verification of the refactoring in VDSM (libvirtvm + vm == vm)
| | > we have encountered some issue.
| | > There seems to be a regression on master branch regarding device aliases.
| | >
| | > On the target machine _updateDevicesDomxmlCache accesses dev.alias
| | > without
| | > the attribute being present.
| | >
| | > This happens to happen at least on balloon devices.
| | > I am not sure why we do have this, however it is reproducible and I am
| | > not
| | > sure why we do this now.
| | >
| | > I know it has been introduced by http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/13876 and
| | > it's
| | > actually in the commit message that we'd fail.
| | :-) you mean:
| | * We now crash horribly if an alias was not found for a device
| | when updating devices domxml cache after migrating
| |
| | > Which is the case... So can somebody please enlighten me and tell me if
| | > this is a configuration issue of the VM or if this really a regression.
| | not all devices have alias so I think this is indeed a regression
| |
| |