Hello all,

We would like to make some changes to the vdsm project.

1. We would like to see this [1] merged. We should start acting
like a normal open source project and upstream should not be distro oriented !

2. We would like to see a normal branches behavior. There are a lot of examples
in [1]. (I can help with usptream releases)

3. I would like to use a new naming convention for builds:
   vdsm-<upstream-tarball>-<downstream version>
   For example:
   vdsm-4.11.0-0.1_master
   vdsm-4.11.0-0.15_beta1
   vdsm-4.11.0-0.16_beta2
   vdsm-4.11.0-0.17_rc1 <- could be shipped as GA as well
   vdsm is shipped
   vdsm-4.11.0-1 <- first z-stream build
   vdsm-4.11.0-2 <- second z-stream build
   etc.

4. Currently we have some projects that were moved to this style. And it very
easy to maintain the releases.
Projects that were moved:
ovirt-log-collector
ovirt-iso-uploader
ovirt-image-uploader
otopi
ovirt-host-deploy
ovirt-engine
vdsm ?  <- we would like to see it here as well !

[1] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/12448/

- Kiril