On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 20:25:21 +0100
Lee Yarwood <lyarw...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/01/2013 06:35 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> >>
> >> Apologies for jumping in David but I've pushed this here for now :
> >>
> >> http://gerrit.ovirt.org/19741
> >
> > Thanks!

Thanks, I'm new to ovirt development and gerrit, so I'm going to need
to work that out.

> >> BZ#1011661 & BZ#1010030 downstream.
> >
> > Ok, I can see them, dig into them and find an answer to my question. But
> > it's not fair to the wider community of users and partner to cite
> > private bugs.
> >
> > https://www.berrange.com/posts/2012/06/27/thoughts-on-improving-openstack-git-commit-practicehistory/
>
> Apologies Dan,
>
> I believe David was referring to the public BZ#1011661. I believe that
> has been attributed to the following change merged upstream in May :
>
> http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/14998

Uh, the problem's not attributed to that, rather that patch fixes it.
The problem was that the process ctimes were changing, leading vdsm to
erroneously think that supervdsm had died and restarting it.  That lead
to several complications, including the supervdsm servers failing
silently due to lack of logging from multiprocessing.

We don't yet know why the ctimes were changing in this particular
customer environment.

--
David Gibson <dgib...@redhat.com>