Vdsm Sync Meeting - October 21th 2013
Attendants: Dan Kenigsberg, Yaniv Bronhaim, Mooli Tayer, Antoni Segura
Puimedon, Tony Asleson
* Pending ovirt 3.3.1 release:
* Beta build requires SELinux policy that does not exist in EL6:
* Attempting to push required SELinux policy to EL6.
* Workaround to allow working with older version
* Blocker storage Bug 1020401, please fill us up with more information about
the issue. Will it make it for tomorrow's build?
* Our vision of merging recent pending patches to ovirt-3.3 that include
additional functionality\APIs to VDSM:
* Generally we don't welcome it, to keep the branch stable as possible.
Mostly only bug fixes will merge. Try to avoid submitting such patches.
* We will make the backport to ovirt-3.3 only after proper and strict
unit\functional tests (which is not usually common, so please provide those as
part of the patches to merge)
* Please trigger the verify and be sure that the bug contains rhev-3.3 flag
before submitting it.
* Federico - Please provide more strict tests for your new patches -
* Libvirt configuring issue:
* Commit 139308c removed libvirt restart after reconfigure. This requires a
patch that changes the vdsm rpm upgrade flow. (please review
* This patch needs to be ovirt-3.3 only, as the vdsm-tool API was changed in
master (http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/20100 - this won't get into ovirt-3.3)
* Functional unit tests fail due to an old python-noise version on EL6:
* Tony submitted clean up script before tests as workaround.
* Old noise version is missing noise_xml, which is still a mystery how it
worked before. Seems that old python-noise ignores xunit file and does not
produce it at all (correct me if I missed or wrong on the details here)
* Kiril should update python-noise on slaves.
* Installing python-cpopen on host that already contains vdsm-python-cpopen
rpm raises conflicts
* This issue need to be solved as part of python-cpopen spec.
Thanks for your attendance.
vdsm-devel mailing list