On 12/05/2013 01:49 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
Joining two threads on that subject

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 11:32:55AM -0500, Yaniv Bronheim wrote:
Hey,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nicholas Kesick" <cybertimber2...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 6:55:23 PM
Subject: [Users] Trouble Upgrading (Fedora)

I am having trouble upgrading on Fedora 19 to 3.3.1.

Two observations:
1) I can't find ovirt-engine-3.3.1, even after a yum clear all; yum update.

2) There is a dependency update circle involving
python-cpopen-1.2.3-4.fc19.x86_64 and dsm-python-cpopen.x86_64
0:4.13.0-11.fc19
This issue is fine. Not so smoothly but we had to do that.
cpopen package is published as part of vdsm code in ovirt-3.3 and before,
On master branch we require python-cpopen formal package that is shipped with
fedora\rhel currently .

Each time you'll switch between newer version of current master (3.4) to
ovirt-3.3 or older you will notice this report
We should break this vicious cycle.

I think it was intended to simplify "upgrade" from ovirt-3.4 to
ovirt-3.3 on Jenkins slaves. But that's plain wrong on a wider context.
The Jenkins issue should be solved explicitly by removing python-cpopen
when vdsm-python-cpopen has to be installed.
python-cpopen should obsolete vdsm-python-cpopen, solving OUR jenkins issues in the released rpms.
Therefore +1 for solving that on jenkins

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com