On 02/24/2014 05:06 PM, Antoni Segura Puimedon wrote:
vdsm sync call Feb 24th 2014
=============================

- Toni to add Douglas to the linkPool patch so it can go into the build.
- Try and give karma to iscsiadm bug
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1057761
    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/selinux-policy-3.12.1-74.19.fc19
    Needs to be backported as well. Douglas offers to help with the testing for
    karma giving.
- TLV meeting:
   - Design and architecture discussion: Nir proposes to go over the general
     design. Dispatcher, tasks. Adam agrees with the design request and warns
     about Python constructs for the possibility of hidden pitfalls.

   - Style guide discussion: Documentation, idioms, etc. Nir, Adam and Toni
     subscribe that. Adam proposes pushing for smaller patches. Toni pushes for
     topic branches of smaller patches that are considered in the context of the
     branch and not as self-standing patches.

   - JSON rpc discussion: Revive? plan etc. Adam wants to talk about the needs
     to make the engine start using JSON and get rid of the hacks. AMQP plans.
     Find ways to deprecate XMLRPC and get the API consistent in its
     representations.

   - Task creation: Nir proposes to discuss the way in which tasks are handled
     between engine and vdsm, so that the task uuid is pushed from the engine.

   - Get some presentation about SLA side of thinks. Adam asks if maybe Martin
     or Doron could do that?

Hey,
sorry to miss the call today, I was at first but dropped after we started the discussion and failed to join back

the json rpc part is merged to vdsm, pushed by saggi and Piotr, maybe Piotr can add more plan's details about that part?

about the design and architecture discussion, i also think we should talk how we can improve\refactor mainly the tasks infrastructure, i know that some groups have stable roadmap plans (not only SLA) that can be shared for discussion and review (mostly storage parts - e.g. removing the pool concept), and we'll discuss about more suggestions for improvement that will be raised.

--
Yaniv Bronhaim.