It's a very interesting read and I request everyone
from infra read it and recommend others to put down a
few minutes and read it.

To give the VDSM POV.
Even though it make things faster. It still doesn't
solve the IO issues since they are caused by a mix
of kernel issues (D state) and python libraries
implementations. Namely not releasing the GIL either
by mistake or for optimization sake or because an
underlying C implementation just isn't thread safe.

It is an interesting read about how locking policy
effects speed even with a single Lock.

It's good to remember this was made without effecting
how people write python code at all.

Thanks Francesco for sending it.