Monosij said:
> Would I be naive to assume that the following steps
> will allow me to start using .vm files instead of .jsp
> files:
> 1. extend myServlet (currently extended from
> HttpServelt) from VelocityServlet.

actually, these days we're starting to recommend use of the
VelocityViewServlet (or a subclass thereof) instead of VelocityServlet.
it's found in the velocity-tools project.  we're still working on getting
thorough documentation up on the web, but there is some useful javadoc and
some example apps.  just use CVS to check out the project and use the
default ant target to build everything.

to browse the code first, go to:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-velocity-tools/

Nathan Bubna