As a caregiver I do not sleep while caring for a vent dependent person
despite the alarms. Obviously Brooke's mother slept.
  The movie showed Brooke becoming disconnected only once. I thought
that was a bit unrealistic. Even though her morning routine was shown I
think it should have focused more upon just how grueling things are on a
daily basis.
  Maybe I'm being picky! I think life looked too easy in the movie.

Mary