Did you get the latest mappings.txt?

Here is the NB 6.0 version...

I think the wizard uses mappings.txt...

an updated st driver might do the trick also patch 108725-22 for s2.8

Karl

"Paul Keating" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

01/23/2006 08:30 AM

<veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] anyone using LTO3 with Solaris 8?

I previously had four LTO2 drives in each of two libraries....do to a bad GBIC in a switch, and several subsequent events, one drive wasn't visable, so my backup server was only seeing 7 drives.

Last night, I replaced the 8 port Sun FC switches with a couple of Brocade 3800s that were released from another project, and added an additional 3 LTO3 drives in each library.

I did a /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/sg.build, followed by an sg.install

I've added the following to the /kernel/drv/st.conf

        "HP      Ultrium 3",           "HP Ultrium LTO3",   "ULTRIUM3";

ULTRIUM3 = 1,0x36,0,0xd639,4,0x44,0x44,0x44,0x44,3;
I can see all the drives when I do a:
bash-2.03# cfgadm -al -o show_FCP_dev

all eight LTO2, and six LTO3

devfsadm, or a boot -r picks up all the devices properly, and creates all the proper device files, but sgscan sees only the 7 LTO2 drives.
I used tpconfig to remove all of the old drive configs and re-ran the GUI device configuration wizard, but it sees 7 LTO2 drives, and 2 drives of unknown type.

sg.conf is up to date with all WWN maps, etc.....so sg.conf isn't reporting any errors about unmapped WWNs.....

I used tpconfig and manually configured all 14 drives and can exercise them using robtest, but sgscan and the device config wizard still see the same.

any idears?

Paul