[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
NetBackup 5.n was licenced by tape drives. NetBackup 6.n is licenced by TB in the VTL. I don't know the detail, e.g. is that raw TB etc. I also don't know if they changed the licencing for 5.n, or if it is still needing drive licences.

The per-TB pricing for VTLs is available in 5.x. I know this because I purchased it.

I based it on raw capacity since most VTLs are fairly efficient in their consumption. Obviously you do cheat yourself a little due to RAID overhead and such, but I don't think it's enough to lose sleep over...

--
Michael L. Barrow
michael at michaelbarrow dot name