There is a potential for data loss. I experienced it.
It is possible for the entire tape to become corrupted.
Thankfully, this was on a new NetBackup installation so I was able to catch up with new full backups.
The fix is a Sun patch 120222-10

>>> "Bob Stump" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 7/10/2006 11:35 AM >>>
I am experiencing media position errors on a new master/media server using 6.0 MP3. I opened up a support call with symantec and they referred to an internal symantec technote on a known problem. The hardware is Sun branded Emulex SG-XPCI2FC-EM2 on an 890 platform running Solaris 10. They told me to contact Sun for a replacement card.

Has anyone experienced this and what did you do to correct it?
Is there a new driver available or does there need to be hardware replacement?

Bob