Hi List,

We have a Clariion Disk Library with MPx set to 4.

At the momment the admins fire backups and after 4 streams of backup are started, a new media is used to write the backup.

Since the CDL tapes can grow from a minimum of 4 GB to whatever size is available in the volume, it seems to me that the tape utilization is not optimum.

As a consequence I need to consequently free medias and add the to SCRATCHPOOL OR provide less medias in SCRATCHPOOL so as to limit them from firing too many consequitve backups.

Any suggestions for this scenario??? Shd we disable multistreaming in the policy??? Will this increase tape util??

Any suggestions for a VTL & netbackup combination to increase performance and tape utilization are welcome.

Regards,
PP BIJU KRISHNAN