Even though NBU "allows" this capability, I would expect that simultaneously demuxing interleaved data from a piece of tape would be extremely slow. I'ts been a while since we had tape in our environment, so I I'm definitely not speaking from experience! :)

PS to the OP: If you're nut running VI3 with VCB, I would consider it.

Anthony Tocco wrote:
thats not a true statement there is a way to restore multiple systems at the same time. There is a setting that say allow MULTIPLEX restores.... also if you dupe it to disk it still won't work the way you are thinking

*From:* Steven L. Sesar
*Sent:* Wed 5/2/2007 15:49
*To:* VERITAS-BU@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
*Subject:* Re: [Veritas-bu] Quickest way to restore servers

Actually, I just read the last line of your post. It just might work if you dupe the media to disk. Try it.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Need some help...my situation is this...had a major corruption on our SAN
which corrupted over 100 servers (VMs).  Many of the servers wrote to the same
tape (SSO / Multiplexing).  NBU 6.0 w/ MP4.  The issue I am having is if 10 svrs
wrote to that same tape, server 2 won't kickoff until server 1 is done w/ that
tape...is there a quicker way...

> If I duplicate that tape to SAN disk, will I be able to pull muliple data
steams from that data?

===================================

   Steven L. Sesar
   Lead Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
   UNIX Application Services R101
   The MITRE Corporation
   202 Burlington Road - MS K101
   Bedford, MA 01730