All,

I am testing a Linux media server for the first time and was wondering
if there were any kernel tuning parameters I should have.  I am testing
a Dell 2950 w/ 2 Dual Core 2.8GHz CPU's, w/ 16GB of memory, 5TB of disk
storage attached via the San, and 4 fibre tape drives.  My initial test
was running 55 clients at one time to tape and the system handled it
fine.  Later, when I got my disk storage set up I ran 12 backups to disk
and the system load was at about 16+ and I had a lot of blocked
processes.  Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy Zimmer
Sr. Unix System Administrator
Monsanto Enterprise Infrastructure Team
Office:  314-694-3109
Mobile: 314-960-0500
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and
is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such
information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers, hard
drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly
prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring,
reading and archival by Monsanto. The recipient of this e-mail is solely
responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
Monsanto accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code
transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.