Hi,

I am looking at consolidating two disparate backup systems one running
Legato the other NetBackup.

As I come from the NetBackup School I would like to ensure the new
system runs on NetBackup; however I have an issue with archived data
held on tape that was backed up using Legato. The other team have a
retention policy of seven years therefore existing backup images created
with the Legato system are not due to expire any time soon and could be
called upon for a restore at any time.

Is there a way to migrate the data held on the Legato media to the
NetBackup system, other than manually restoring the data to a server
from the Legato tapes then backing up with NetBackup?

We are talking about several hundred tapes therefore the manual process
detailed above would be extremely time consuming.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Steve.