Cartoon Network.

Did your post have a point?  Discovery Channel had a special on this?
You're annoyed at theoretical questions?  wtf?

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 10:28 AM
To: Jeff Lightner
Cc: veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu;
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Tapeless backup environments?

Discovery Channel

=============================
Carl Stehman
IT Distributed Services Team
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Jeff Lightner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

09/21/2007 09:57 AM

<veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu>

cc

Subject

[Veritas-bu] Tapeless backup environments?

Yesterday our director said that he doesn't intend to ever upgrade
existing STK L700 because eventually we'll go tapeless as that is what
the industry is doing.   The idea being we'd have our disk backup
devices here (e.g. Data Domain) and transfer to offsite storage to
another disk device so as to eliminate the need for ever transporting
tapes.

It made me wonder if anyone was actually doing the above already or was
planning to do so?_______________________________________________

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is
proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to
copyright belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI").
This Email is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it
is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or
agent responsible for delivery of this Email to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this message in error, please immediately notify the
sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies. PHI policies
expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive
statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by
Email communication. PHI will not accept any liability in respect of
such communications.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential
information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of
the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the
sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.