Make sure you have port 13782 open on the esx server.

Jared M. Seaton
Recovery Administrator
Mylan Inc.
304-554-5926
304-685-1389 (Cell)

"mark wragge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
11/12/2007 12:49 PM

veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] using linux client to backup esx (vmware)

I am trying to use the linux client v6.0mp4 to backup an esx server v3.02.
I have installed the client software choosing redhat 2.4 and the
installation is complete. I cannot successfully backup the esx server as
there is a cannot connect to client error message. I cannot use bp from
the client to start a backup. I have checked IP resoultion and checked all
hosts files.
Is it necessary to restart an esx server after installation of the
netbackup client software?
How do I re-start the netbackup services on a linux client (if this is
even possible as i dont think that services run until the backup is
inititated!!).??
Are there any additional steps to be followed when attempting to backup an
esx server for the first time using netbakcup?

Thanks, Mark
http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted
with it may contain legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential
information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution, duplication or other use of this message and/or its attachments
is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and
its attachments.  Thank you.