We use this wild card in our backup selection
/vmfs/volumes/[a-zA-Z]*/*/*.vmx to backup just the vmx files from a single
ESX host. In troubleshooting why I received this error, I learned that
between the backup window for the ESX client, an engineer deleted the
original VM (DCTZIQPVIEW02) and then re-provisioned a new VM on a
different LUN using the same server name. Anyone have a clue as to why
would I get this error? I would've thought by using the wild card that NBU
wouldn't care where the file existed from one backup to the next of a
specific file.

Old path to the file which the error 71 was generated.
/vmfs/volumes/QAVOL4/DCTZIQPVIEW02/DCTZIQPVIEW02.vmx

New path to the file where the re-provisioned VM was created.
/vmfs/volumes/QAVOL3/DCTZIQPVIEW02/DCTZIQPVIEW02.vmx

Own the landmark Planet Earth series on DVD!  Find more great gifts by shopping
online at http://discoverystore.com

This e-mail, and any attachment, is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, re-transmission, copying, dissemination or other use of this
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the material from any computer. The contents of this message may contain
personal views which are not the views of Discovery Communications, LLC.