Based on what you describe, it seems you only want to backup servers in a
remote site but are not looking for a "DR" solution. It would be far
cheaper to have a single master server and a media server in the remote
site. This obviously keeps the license costs down and centralizes the
management.

"Aleksandr Nepomnyashchiy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
04/30/2008 03:05 PM

veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] Best setup for NetBackup in 2 sites across the WAN link

Dear Gurus,
What is the best setup for NetBackup in 2 sites across the WAN link?

I will have a tape library on each site.

- Should I purchase 2 NetBackup servers and manage them separately?
- Is it better (or cheaper) to purchase NetBackup server for a primary
site and media manager for the remote site?

Thank you,
Aleksandr

Own the landmark Planet Earth series on DVD!  Find more great gifts by shopping
online at http://discoverystore.com

This e-mail, and any attachment, is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, re-transmission, copying, dissemination or other use of this
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the material from any computer. The contents of this message may contain
personal views which are not the views of Discovery Communications, LLC.

<<image/gif>>