Could be. Informix was on the Media Server. And like I said its a while ago.
I just remember doing a lot of things to ~/bp.conf

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Rosenkoetter, Gabriel
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:14 AM
To: Jim Horalek; veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Informix Backup failing with Error 13

Um... CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT is a media-server-specific setting, so it can't
live in ~/bp.conf, even for user-directed backups. (The media server's bptm
will still give up waiting for data from the client's bpcd before bpbkar has
even spooled up to send anything.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
Radian Group Inc, Unix/Linux/VMware Sysadmin / Backup & Recovery

  _____