Of course.  Deduplicated information is only that information that is
not already duplicated somewhere else on the storage device.   Once you
copy the image using bpduplicate to a tape there is no other copy of the
information (so far as the tape is concerned) so obviously it would
create a whole backup using duplicated and non-duplicated information
from the Data Domain to create it.

However, I didn't see anything by OP that suggested he was looking to
save deduped information to a tape.  I read his post as meaning:

"There is a backup that went to Data Domain - we would now like to have
a tape copy of the backup."

The only real trick in what he wrote is how to get the information from
the remote Data Domain to the local one.   Since we don't do the remote
setup here (we use vaulting to duplicate the local one to tape) I don't
know exactly how that mechanism works.   It may be automatic simply by
requesting a bpduplicate of the image or it may require some step on the
Data Domain itself.   I feel confident however that there is a way to
get the data from remote to onsite.  Otherwise having a remote unit
would be worse than useless.