Has anyone seen an issue with a vault profile where for every image to be
duplicated a new tape is loaded? We have multiple vault policies set up and
they write all images in each batch to the same tape until the tape is full,
then it loads a new tape. We created a new profile the same way as the others.
This new profile appears to be changing tapes for each image in each batch job.
Has anyone seen this before? It is a media server duping images off of a data
domain appliance writing to an IBM 3494 library/3592 tape drive.

IBM library.. with automatic tape cleaning?
 we had a similiar problem where we we getting 7 tapes instead of 6 on a vault
and 4 catalog tapes (yes i did two offsite copies from VTL to LTO-4)
try going to volmgr bin and execute this command.
tpclean -l
if your drives show up as needing cleaning, VNBU will ask for another drive and
tape.

a  tpclean -M IBMULT3580-TD4002
where IBMULT3580-TD4002 is the drive name that EMM knows will fix things up.
Picking list from vault now shows 6 data and 2 catalog.
instead of 7 and 4.