Greetings,

Our environment is NB6.5.1 on a RHEL4 server.  It has a hpux SAN media
server also.  All other clients are backed up over the network.  Most are
RHEL4x.

The tape library in our Singapore office failed over the weekend and caused
a lot of things to fail and continue to be wedged up.  Some jobs seemed to
have run but some failed with errors 13, 63, and 233.  This varied across
policies.  I decided to try and restart all processes and get things cleaned
up.  This hasn't worked well.

When I started everything using service netbackup start or
/etc/init.d/netbackup start, everything looks OK.  When I look at things
like bpps -a I notice that the bpjobd isn't running anymore.  When I try to
start it manually it fails saying File size limit exceeded.  The bpdbjobs
returns no output.  I haven't been able to figure out which file it is
complaining about.

I'm sure I have a lot of things that need to be cleaned up.  There are a lot
of files in the restart and trylogs.  I was thinking it was safe to move
those out of the way but wanted to make sure.

Any help on tracking the bpjobd error along with advice on cleaning up all
the restart and trylogs would be appreciated.  Naturally I'm leaving on
vacation Thursday so I need to help clean this up before I go.  I won't be
doing any replies to this after Wednesday night because of that.

Thanks,

Jeff

--
Jeff Cleverley