Greetings,

While continuing to work on this it seems there may be issues with vnetd.
The netstat -a |grep vnet shows this:

tcp        0      0 *:vnetd                     *:*
LISTEN
tcp        0      0 sgpbkp04.sgp.avagotec:35781 agt604.sgp.avagotech.:vnetd
ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0 sgpbkp04.sgp.avagotec:35720 sgpbkp04.sgp.avagotec:vnetd
ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0 sgpbkp04.sgp.avagotec:vnetd sgpbkp04.sgp.avagotec:35720
ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0 localhost.localdomain:vnetd sgpbkp04.sgp.avagotec:35846
TIME_WAIT
tcp        0      0 localhost.localdomain:vnetd sgpbkp04.sgp.avagotec:35853
TIME_WAIT
tcp        0      0 localhost.localdomain:vnetd sgpbkp04.sgp.avagotec:35839
TIME_WAIT
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     146403
/usr/openv/var/vnetd/vmd.uds
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     145874
/usr/openv/var/vnetd/bpcompatd.uds
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     146786
/usr/openv/var/vnetd/tldcd.uds
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     152574
/usr/openv/var/vnetd/bpcompatd.uds

The time_wait entries seem to stick around a lot.  I've restarted xinetd on
the system and we have rebooted but things are still wedged.

Thanks,

Jeff