Wayne,

    I'm assuming you are using the DD as VTL, not using OST. If so, yes,
using SSO you can share the VTL drives with the other media server. I
believe you have to have the SSO license on all media servers that share
the drives. It used to be sold on a per drive basis, not sure how they
sell it anymore. -- See your sales rep for details. :)

      Bryan

"BeDour, Wayne" <wbed...@lear.com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
04/01/2010 12:46 PM

<veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] 2 media servers under the same master?

Our environment, NBU 6.5.4 Master and separate media server running on
HP-UX 11-31 with a Data Domain VTL and MSL6060 tape library.  Can I add
another media server and use the data domain vtl along with the other
media server?  Do I have to use SSO to share the vtl or will the master
take care of the sharing?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Wayne BeDour
Unix System Administrator
PH: 248-447-1739
Internet: wbed...@lear.com

**********************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
**********************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.

<FONT size=2><BR>
DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any
attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email.</FONT>