On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Martin, Jonathan <jmart...@intersil.com>wrote:

>  I wouldn't take advice on this matter from someone who "worked with disk
> staging units for at least a year" and "gave up."

We worked extensively with Symantec on this issue.  We were in regular
contact with the customer focus team.  They were onsite.  We had engineering
onsite.  We went to their engineering offices a few miles down the road from
us.  We met with product management.  Symantec was unable to solve the
performance issues after well over a year of trying.

Obviously your mileage will vary.  I'm glad it works for some people -
Symantec was unable to make it work for us.

   .../Ed