Hello Geeks,
I have a small question on VSP/VSS.
As symantec recommends VSS for 2003 clients over VSP then why  it is the
defauly snap-shot provider option ?
Any specific reason for this recommendation as i can't find any tech note
specifying why VSS:
They all just explain that VSS is for 2003 and VSP for 2000.I agree but why?
What happened two weeks ago:-There are our two cluster server and both got hung
while getting backed up.We are still looking for the root cause but couldn't
find yet...The thing we suspect is that they were using VSP and when we changed
snapshot provider to VSS( As they are 2003) ,backups and server both running
fine from 2 weeks and didn't hung once.
Does VSP plays some part in making the server hung?What could be the possible
reasons?Does VSP plays some part in making the CPU utilisation high?
provide me any valuable information on this.
Thanks in advance!!

Thanks and Regards

Pranav Batra