Lots and lots of little files will kill you.  DSSUs won't speed the job up -
after all, your disk is unlikely to be faster than your LOT4 - but will
prevent tying up a tape drive for as long.

You may also try to specify the exact mount points you want backed up
instead of using the exclude list to avoid that ugly CIFS/NFS mount point so
you're not walking the directory tree down a network path.

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewi...@ewilts.org
Linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/in/ewilts>