From: veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of stefanos
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 4:02 AM
To: 'Travis Kelley'; judy_hinchcli...@administaff.com;
cal...@kforce.com; veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Question for NetBackup 7.0 Dedup user ORData
Domain users

The big difference between DataDomain (and all appliances) and nebackup
deduplication option is that netbackup can do the process on the client.
This will speed up the time of the backup.
With DD and netbackup media server deduplication, nothing will change at
your backup time, as all your data will travel to the media server.

Do not listen to the companies about the deduplication ratio. Your data
is
unique, and nobody can predict the ratio.
Ask for a demo from both companies.