From: Conner, Neil [mailto:n...@mbari.org]
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 12:29 PM
To: Jimenez, Daniel; Veritas List
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Archiving Solution

The Admin guide covers it in basic terms.  There are a suite of commands like
bpcatarc, bpcatlist, bpcatres, etc.  I used it once to archive a portion of my
catalog and then recovered it later.  It does what it claims to do, but I did
encounter some details that weren't documented (in 6.5 anyway).  It's
policy-driven and it writes to tape so you have to take the obvious precautions.

Make sure your catalog is in a consistent state before beginning
Catarc does not work if your catalog is NFS mounted
Check for KB articles that go into more detail than the Admin guide

Neil