Second link was specifically for our netbackup environment. You can also see if
you any left over CORBA handles

Regards,

Saranjit Singh Brar

To: saranb...@live.com
CC: saranb...@hotmail.com; veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5.5 on AIX 5.3 , 64 bit - NBRB problem
From: abhishek.dhin...@in.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 23:37:54 +0530

Thanks saran, I will try and let you
know.

I have alreday tried the first step
, but havenot tried the second .

Rgds

A D

Email : abhishek.dhin...@in.ibm.com

Saran Brar <saranb...@live.com>

Sent by: <saranb...@hotmail.com>
12/20/2010 07:24 PM

Abhishek Dhingra1/India/i...@ibmin, <veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu>

cc

Subject
RE: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5.5 on
AIX 5.3 , 64 bit - NBRB problem

We also faced same issue and below is the
Symantec recommendation which resolved it

There are two things I would recommend
to minimize these kinds of things happening in the future. Both will require
a restart of NetBackup on the master so most likely you will need a maintenance
window.

The first thing is to tune the
resource broker (nbrb) so it releases resources faster. Below is the technote
on how to do this:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH57942

The second things is to clear out
all the stale CORBA handles. Some of them go all the way back to 2009:

-rw-rw-rw-   1 root
  root         455 Sep  8  2009 nbproxy_nbsl-DeviceManagement-101.ior.mgr

-rw-rw-rw-   1 root     root
455 Sep 16  2009 nbproxy_nbsl-DeviceManagement-104.ior.mgr

Below is the technote on how to
do this:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH75227

It is not directly related but
is always a good practice to clear these out. They can cause the system
to run out of sockets. Let me know if you need anything else. If not I
would like to close the case.

Regards,

Saranjit Singh Brar