try using IBM Data protectier TS76750G , this is a new appliance from IBM
, it combines the feature of VTL with inline deduplication . Depulication
works on Hyperfactor technology.

Rgds
A D
Email : abhishek.dhin...@in.ibm.com

santoyx <netbackup-fo...@backupcentral.com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
12/28/2010 09:35 PM
Please respond to
VERITAS-BU@mailman.eng.auburn.edu

VERITAS-BU@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu]  Best architecture for deduplication with NetBackup

Jcs, I work at a government agency, Brazil's Central Bank, like the US
FED. I can't just choose the solution I want to buy. I need to specify
what I need and wait for the best (lower price) proposal that fits what we
need.
So I'm doing some PoCs so I can know the players, what features they have
and what then don't.
So far I've tested the EMC Avamar, IBM Fastback (which doesn't fit) and
CommVault Simpana.
The EMC Avamar seems to be the one that best fits our needs.
Now we are trying to test the NetBackup but its documentation is really
confusing.
We bought the Clariions to store the backup data. That's why I'm don't
want do buy storage appliances unless the prices aren't to much different
as you said.