From: Saran Brar [mailto:saranb...@live.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 1:36 PM
To: WEAVER, Simon (external)
Cc: VERITAS-BU@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Ex2k3 Snapshot Backups (VSS)

I am sure you must have checked there is sufficient free space on the
clients to accomdate snapshots.

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 2:32 AM, WEAVER, Simon (external)
<simon.wea...@astrium.eads.net> wrote:

        Morning
        I have TB's of Exchange Data, and do Information Store backups.
These usually get finished in roughly 6 hours or so.

        I got an Eval License to look at "Snapshot" Backups for Exchange
2k3. Environment is all pure Windows Master and Media Servers

        Created a new Policy, ensured the NetBackup Client Service was
using a Domain Account with permissions.
        Ensure the policy had "perform snapshot backups" and using VSS

        Ran it ... but its slower than I expected. Just wondered if
anyone had any real experience on this, as I dont want to fork out alot
of money for something that I thought would be better (and it should
be!)

        Thanks

        Regards

        Simon

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential
and/or privileged information or information otherwise protected
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any
attachments and do not use it for any purpose or disclose its
content to any person, but delete this message and any attachments
from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this
email transmission was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
-o-
Registered Office: