From: veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Bryan Bahnmiller
[bbahnmil...@dtcc.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 09:58
To: Ed Wilts; rusty.ma...@sungard.com; NetBackup Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Archive and Restore taking forever on DR server

Ed, Rusty,

   Have you noticed if the load on the DNS servers has gone down? I remember
building an HPUX master server with thousands of clients. Our master server
hammered the DNS server. We ended up configuring a DNS caching server on our
own master. It didn't add a lot to the load on the master, and it severely
reduced the network traffic to the DNS server and almost eliminated the load on
the DNS server.

   I haven't run with 7.x yet and since we are in process of building out a 7.x
Linux master server I was kind of curious to see if this was still an issue
with 7.

      Thanks,
      Bryan

Ed Wilts <ewi...@ewilts.org>
Sent by: veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu

02/09/2011 10:01 PM

        rusty.ma...@sungard.com
cc
        NetBackup Mailing List <veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
Subject
        Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Archive and Restore taking forever on DR
server

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 6:10 PM,