Hello,
I would recommend having identical hardware for your windows servers, then on
the primary NBU server, run it on mirrored internal disks.
If one of the disks fails, you can still run on the other. In the event the
primary server fails, you should be able to remove one of the disks and insert
it into the failover server and bring up the system.
I'd also suggest multiple catalog backups throughout the day, I run 5 full
catalog backups per day.
You need to try to give yourself multiple ways to recover the server.
Tape, standy disks, and a standby server are a great start.
Be sure to test your ability to swap the drives and bring up the stanby server
to make sure your recovery solution works as expected. Document how to do each
tiny step!