All,

As I am new to this forum and to Netbackup as well, let me give some
background.  We are using Netbackup primarily for backing up our Teradata
systems and some of our Linux nodes.  We also have EMC VTL as our backup tape
solution.  The issue I am having is that when a tape fully expires, all images
on the tape have expired, the tape does not get cleaned up and the next time
that it gets used it has to do a long erase on the tape before it will start
writing to it and as you can imagine this can take a bit of time and cause the
backups to run long.  So, basically it is a manual process at this point to
determine which tapes need to be erased when they expire. I have looked at the
many reports for Netbackup and can not find a report that is helping me to
determine this information.

I am wanting to be able to gather up tape information, on a single line, about
its mediaid, poolname, expiration date, media server, etc.  I am hoping to use
this information to load into a table and track the tapes expiration and then
build a long erase command to clean the tape when it has fully expired.  So,
all in all, long winded I know, my question is, can you create a custom report
in Netbackup?  I have not been able to find any information to do this after
tirelessly searching the web and Veritas website.

Can anyone help?

Kevin R Tewksbury
Sr. Database Administrator
LimitedBrands
Limited Technology Services
3 Limited Pkwy
Columbus, OH 43230
office: (614) 415-4541
cell: (614) 582-4882
Email:  ktewksb...@limitedbrands.com

Notice: This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
email, and immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying
or disclosing them. LBI may, for any reason, intercept, access, use, and
disclose any information that is communicated by or through, or which is stored
on, its networks, applications, services, and devices.