To: VERITAS-BU@MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN.EDU
From: netbackup-fo...@backupcentral.com
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 13:20:30 -0700
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.5 --> 7.0.1 Upgrade - No tapes are expiring

I had the same issue with tapes not getting de-assigned after upgrading from
6.5.4 to 6.5.6.

The solution was to do some cleanup:

Stop NetBackup
Rename “/usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs/pempersist2” to
“/usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs/pempersist2.sav”
Rename “/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpsched.d/last_time_expired_media” to
“/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpsched.d/last_time_expired_media.save”
Then start netbackup again.

the problem was somehow related to the cleanup process that runs every 12 hours
by default.  For some reason it wasn't running because these files were somehow
messed up during the upgrade.

scott.george

6.5.5 --> 7.0.1 Upgrade - No tapes are expiring
I performed the 6.5.5 to 7.0.1 upgrade on Tuesday, and made the amazing
discovery that my tapes are not expiring when the day/time comes. This also
means that I am not getting any of my media back from off site. Has anybody
else encountered this?

Thank you in advance!