Patrick,

Which version of Netbackup are you running? In 6.5.x, there are some
conditions in which a SLP process gets status SLP_COMPLETE without all
copies being done.

Now infinite retention is standard as long as slp status is not
SLP_COMPLETE.

Greg

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Patrick
<netbac...@whelan-consulting.co.uk>wrote:

>  Hi All,
>

> I have a strange question which may be related to my misunderstanding of
> how SLP works.
>
> I ran the nbstlutil command on a particular client with the following
> results (many lines)
>
> Image <client_backupid> for Lifcycle SLP is COMPLETE
>
>                Copy to Disk is NOT_STARTED
>
>                Copy to Tape is NOT_STARTED
>

> What is confusing me is that the image for the specified backupid does not
> exist anywhere that I can find. Bpimagelist –backupid <client_backupid> show
> no entity found.
>
> So how can the Lifecycle be complete if there are no images? The actual
> backup does not exist on disk. The SLP backups to disk then copies to tape,
> ONLY. Also this particular SLP has a retention level of infinite. L
>

> Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Regards,
>

> Patrick Whelan
>
> VERITAS Certified NetBackup Support Engineer for UNIX.
>
> VERITAS Certified NetBackup Support Engineer for Windows.
>

> netbac...@whelan-consulting.co.uk

Gregory DEMILDE
Email : gdemi...@gmail.com
GSM : +32 476 304008