*From:* veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu [mailto:
veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] *On Behalf Of *Howard Graylin
*Sent:* Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:00 PM
*To:* veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
*Subject:* [Veritas-bu] Changing the retention period

Folks,

The only way to change the retention period on backups that have already run
is to use the BPEXPDATE command, correct?  If I change the retention period
on the policy, it has no effect on existing backup images…right?  One of the
admin’s here said that if you changed the retention time in a specific
policy in Tivoli, it would retroactively change the expiration date on
existing backups.  I’m 99% sure NBU doesn’t do that, but just wanted to make
sure.

Thanks,

Howard