From: veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Bishop
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:32 PM
To: VERITAS-BU@MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN.EDU
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How do i switch my media adn master server!? HELP!

OK, so I took over the full backup operations of my company 2 months. my
longterm task was to switch the media server (which is in a secure state of
the art data center) to be the master, and the master server (which is in a
closet behind me in my office, no power reserves/generator) to be the media
server.

Its a plan I had put off since a fellow classmate who is a storage engenier
told me it wouldnt be possible without calling in symantec to do it. but now
after having 3 power outages in the past 2 months its become a plan I have
to have for the Director of IT by weeks end.

so is this easily doable?
doable at all?
any ideas?