From: veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Anurag
Sharma
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 1:10 AM
To: veritas-bu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Backups on DataDomain.

Thank You David/Brayan E/Greg/rsavage,

Thanks for you feedback,

I'm back with my results.

We will be backing up NDMP data using remote ndmp to a datadomain ost

I compared and found out I'm getting 300GB backed up in 1 hour at the
rate 75000 KB/sec which is much better than local ndmp where we were
getting  more 13mb/sec.

Few important points to be considered

When backing up to the DD device make sure you explicitly set  maximum
concurrent jobs not more then 150/- (MAX is 180)

While adding the ndmp host to netbackup 7.1 try using command prompt
instead of GUI for some reason it was not working with GUI in my case

Best regards
Anurag