Yesterday I ran a manual bpduplicate command to duplicate an image from one of
our dedupe units to tape.

This morning the job shows as completed successfully but bpimaglist for the
backup ID shows only Frag 1 (which is copy 1 on the Dedupe unit).   For
duplication done by vaulting this command would typically show Frag 2 (copy 2)
on tape as well but doesn’t for this one.

There are no errors in the job in Activity Monitor and in fact it exited with
status 0.  It shows it successfully mounted a tape for the duplication. bperror
–jobid on that job ID also shows it successfully made a copy 2.

The only thing I can think is that I used “-rl infinity” to specify retention
level and perhaps it wants numeric level rather than text (e.g. RL 9 =
infinity).    As a test I kicked off another duplication today using “-rl
bogustext” and it started without complaint so it appears it takes invalid
runlevel text.   Is it possible this forced it to set –rl to 0 and immediately
expired the duplicate?  If so what log would show me the duplicate being
expired?

I’ve kicked off a new duplication running –rl 9 but this will take several
hours to run.   Does anyone have any clue why I wouldn’t see the copy in
bpimagelist if it isn’t the run level that’s the problem?

Athena®, Created for the Cause™

How can I show my support for bottled water?

Take a minute to sign a petition in support of bottled water. Your signature
COUNTS! Available through the
bottledwatermatters.org/luv-bottled-water<http://bottledwatermatters.org/luv-bottled-water>
 website, the goal is 50,000 signatures. Please include your personal email
address when submitting. Once completed, share the website with your family and
friends, to ensure as many bottled water supporters as possible sign the
petition

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential
information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of
the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the
sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.