All is true but I wouldn't say it's something NBU was not designed to do.  It
was made difficult for a reason rather than easy due to the nature of the
outcome e.g. Archiving.  This is very common practice for DBA's.  Yes, this all
needs to be scripted, blat etc. and you will need admins to help if you don't
have access to the local systems.

Regards...

Sent from my mobile