Simon,

"The ["Clear lazy zero" ] message occurs when performing a restore of a VM to a
virtual center console.  It is just a message letting you know that the lazy
zero bit is being cleared.  It is not an error, and can be ignored".

It's just noise, so what's the problem?  Besides, restoring directly to the ESX
host is tons faster than restoring through the vCenter server...

Neil