*From:* veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu [mailto:
veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] *On Behalf Of *mia...@gmail.com
*Sent:* Tuesday, May 20, 2014 1:15 AM
*To:* Anurag Sharma
*Cc:* veritas-bu; veritas-bu2
*Subject:* Re: [Veritas-bu] AUTOMATE MYSQL DUMP BACKUP

Hi Anurag

Yes you would to use bpstart_notify and bpend_notify for this

bpstart_notify to call the backup.sh and bpend_notify to delete the dump
after successfull backup

Regards

Michael

Sendt fra min iPad

Den 19/05/2014 kl. 21.57 skrev Anurag Sharma <sharma.anu...@hotmail.com>:

Hi All,

Here's my situation.

MASTER/MEDIA : Solaris 10

Client : Linux/Solaris

There is a backup script created by mysql admin lets call it backup.sh
which can do on demand  mysql dump on a directory

/mysql_backup/yyyymmdd. It mean every time you run the script it will
create a folder with that date.

I have been told to backup these dump files as standard backup.

I need following accomplished.

1. Need to call backup.sh to perform mysql dump and crate dump in
/mysql_backup/yyyyymmdd
2. Run netbackup backup to backup the dump.
3. Once the netbackup backup is successful delete the dump from disk.

What would be the best way to do it via netbackup ? Do I have to use
bpstart and bpend scripts on each client ?

Please guide.

Anurag Sharma

******************************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
******************************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.