From an earlier link I found the information about adding credentials to the
NetBackup services on the Windows server then restarting.

The question is what do I specify for the absolute path when creating the
storage unit?   My assumption is it should be the UNC path (e.g.
\\dedupe-unit\share\subdirectory<file:///\\dedupe-unit\share\subdirectory>) but
I get a status 83 on  checking properties if I try that or just
\\dedupe-unit\<file:///\\dedupe-unit\>  or
\\dedupe-unit\share<file:///\\dedupe-unit\share>.  (Where dedupe-unit is the
hostname of my deduplication appliance and share is the name of the share I
created there.)    I’m also assuming this is “BasicDisk” type as that is what I
use for the NFS shares from the same units.

I’m trying this both with Data Domain and Quantum DXi.

As noted previously I can manually map
\\dedupe-unit\share<file:///\\dedupe-unit\share> to a drive letter (e.g. X: )
but that doesn’t make it available.  I also was able to use the “net use …”
syntax from command prompt with no error but I’m not sure what it shows up as
after that if I’ve not specified a drive letter with “net use …”.

The mapping was done when I created the share using “Workgroup” rather than AD
on the dedupe appliance then mapped giving credentials as the user there.   The
Windows server itself however is in AD rather than Workgroup but a separate
online post had indicated this mapping would work and as noted above it did for
manual mapping.

Jeffrey C. Lightner
Sr. UNIX Administrator

DS Services of America, Inc.