Hi,

I'd like to be able to bring up our Oracle Standby Server in production mode
for testing while real production is still running on the main production
systems.

The VCS Fire Drill feature seems to do just that but it looks like it does not
support Oracle Data Guard.

I'm wondering whether that's true and if so whether VCS and Veritas Volume
Manager and FlashSnap etc can still be used to do basically the same thing that
Fire Drill does even though this may require more setup work and manual
intervention..

Also, I just learned of Fire Drill. Do others find this is a good tool in
general?

Thanks,
Jon